Sunday 11 March 2012

Weeks 9 & 10

I think I've lost 400gm over the past 2 weeks.  I'm saying 'think' because my bathroom scales appear to be on the blink today and have given me 2 different readings - I of course, choose to believe the lower reading!! (don't want to contemplate the higher reading - too depressing!)
Needless to say, next week's weigh in could be very interesting!

For week 9 I was on holidays from work, less exercise occurred due to the terrible weather and not to mention my hankering for iced cinnamon buns from the bakery - I know that didn't help, and I of course gained again.

I'm actually at approx the same weight I got to over 12 months ago before I plateaued and it was a case of lose a kg and then simply regain it.  I did that for 6 months which got to be depressing  I'm hoping I can move beyond  that point this time.

I've been to the gymnasium here in town to check out membership prices and I think I'll join.  The weather will soon make it harder to go walking and I figure that going to the gym of an evening  instead will help.  Before I join though, I'll need a clearance cert. from a Doctor - due to my advanced age.  I'm 45.  The gym's rules are that persons 45+ be cleared by a Doctor before joining.  I'll see if I can get an appointment over the next week or so.

I am starting to notice a difference in the way some clothes fit.  I've lost some cms from my lower hips, mms from my thighs and calves!  My husband says he can see my knees and ankles now! It's a start!
I've seen the weather forecast for the next week - very promising.  I'll probably be able to walk morning and evenings.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment