Tuesday 20 August 2013

It's So Cold!

Today has been so icy cold - and i can't get warm. My heater is set to nuclear fusion and doesn't seem to be warming up much - probably have to vacuum the filters clean again!  Temps of 9 degrees today with snow down to 500m - apparently there was snow in the hills outside town.  To cap it all off, the heating system at work has decided to cark it again so it was a balmy 14 degrees inside. Brrrrr
I'm even considering doing a pile of ironing tonight  to warm up!!!

Neale is loving New York.  We've just had a skype call.  Isn't technology amazing?  He's visited the Empire State Building, been to Times Square and an Irish pub across the road from his hotel.  He tells me he's right near the fashion district too - how rude! I've given him Mood fabric's address and told him to buy me something (anything!) please - and to make room in his suitcase!!!!

I've sewn!!!!!!  Took up a pair of Neale's trousers that he wanted to take with him.  Have discovered that my eyes are now pretty bad when it comes to threading needles - especially overlocker needles.  Tweezers are a big help - if you've got them!  Quick trip to Spotlight on Sunday and I bought 2 pairs, so I'm now prepared. I know I bought tweezers some time ago, but can't find/remember where I put them. I also  bought a length of a blue cotton drill with a pineapple print - I think it wil make a nice skirt for spring/summer.

Only 8 more days of work until I'm on annual leave - so looking forward to that.  Hopefully, by the second week, my sewing room will be done.  I think I've decided on an aqua as a colour for the walls.

I've seen that BMV have another sale - call me addicted!  I think I've got 7 of the latest lot of Vogues picked out to order this time.  I have now  nearly bought all that I had on my wish list!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment