Tuesday 25 April 2017

April Pattern Haul

I'm still madly buying & stashing patterns. I still maintain that if there were ever a pattern supply shortage, I've got it covered for decades!

Thankfully, Spotlight now has very regular sales and totally enables me in my addiction. My resolve is weak  and I'm so easily led...
I have also downloaded 5 patterns from the Stylearc range - 3 dresses, a skirt and a cardi. I've also downloaded a couple of other patterns from other sites that look great made up.  I've never used pdf patterns  before, so I'm hoping that there won't be any dramas.  Just need to make sure that I've got plenty of ink and paper first.


No luck on the work front as yet.  I've been out of work for now nearly 11 weeks.  Lots of rejection emails. I've had 2 interviews so far, but was not successful - didn't have the required experience. I've still got about 6 applications pending, and am trying to be hopeful......but it's hard to be rejected.                                                                                                                                                              Neale's got this week off work, so  hopefully we can do something/go somewhere (anywhere!) together.                                                                                                                                               In about 3 weeks, I've got my English penfriend coming out to see us during her traveling aroung Australia and new Zealand.  Sue and I have been writing to each other since we were about 10 years old.  This will be her 3rd visit to Australia nad I'm really looking forward to seeing her and Steve again!                                         
                                                                                     
 Jen x






4 comments:

  1. Lucky you. I never find what I want at Spotlight but I see you have one I was after! I looked for work for 3 years and you are lucky to get a rejection email ... most places don't even bother which is discouraging and disappointing as they don't have to do much nowadays with a general rejection email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went into Spotlight last Wednesday - 1st day of the sale! I keep a wishlist on the BMV site and then open it open it on my phone when i'm in the store - saves time in scouring the catalogues!
      I'm still so cheesed off about been made redundant. Where i ive has very high unemployment and I really don't fancy my chances.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about your job loss. Good luck with your future interviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers & toes crossed! I'm hoping that something will come up and soon.

      Delete