I made it to the Rosedale Sewing Group today and had a lovely time. Admittedly I did more talking and reading etc - no sewing for me.
You'd think that in the 2 months since the last meeting, I'd have been more organised, instead of racing around at the last minute trying to grab some things to take with me.
Today I actually cut some thing out - yay me!
I cut out OOP McCalls 5978. I used a small piece of knit fabric I bought from Spotlight for $1- from the remnant bin. I can't remember what the check I'm using is called and will post a picture of it later. I didn't worry about matching the checks - didn't have enough material for that. I probably shouldn't have put the back piece on the fold - definitely couldn't see how aligned the checks were on the underneath side. When I was at Tafe we had to use full pattern pieces.
I stopped by Spotlight on the way home and bought a metre of black cotton jersey knit to make the facings.
Whilst I was looking this morning, I found a basket full of UFOs I'd cut out for Laura. Unfortunately, they were cut out for her as a six year old and she's now 17! Luckily I've still got a 3 year old niece who will now get to benefit.